Are You Suffering From A Sports Injury?
Have You Tried Everything To Fix It, But Feel Let Down?
Discover how to reclaim your life, get back to the activities and life you’ve imagined, and feel better than you ever thought possible.
How Injured Sport Athletes, Runners Or Yogis Can Get Fit (…And Stay Fit) From Frustrating Sports Injuries That Stop You From Enjoying The Workouts And Sports You Love
If you’ve recently picked up a Sports Injury, or if you’ve been suffering with an injury for a while – it can be very tempting to pass it off as “nothing serious” and simply “put up with it” carrying on as best you can.
Or, it can be very easy to get disheartened and end up feeling “stuck”, wondering if you’ll ever be able to get back to playing sport or keeping active like you used to…!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – we see people going through this all the time. In fact, we see people living with an injury from sports and exercise at Myokinetix, no matter what time of year…
As an Essex County sports injury doctor I’ve worked with many professional, collegiate and high school athletes, so I’ve just about seen every type of sports injury there is – and know how to help people recover from them. When my athletes got injured – we started treatment the NEXT DAY.
That is completely opposite to the way that most people respond to getting a sports injury, and is why so many people suffering with a sports injury are asking themselves:
“It’s Been Months Now – So Why am I STILL Suffering With an Injury That’s Stopping Me From Being Active and Playing My Favorite Sport?”…
Most people think that when they get a Sports Injury it’ll get better with a few days rest, and that they’ll be able to return to their sport or exercise again, quickly. But then when they go back to exercise again they’re still restricted – sometimes it’s even worse than it was when it first came on. Often when you rest there is little if any pain – but as soon as you start up again, it comes back and no matter how much rest you give it – it doesn’t seem to be improving.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our Physical Therapy Clinic is when people go to a sports injury doctor in Essex County, and the Doctor tells them they need to take a break, rest, wear a support and “try these painkillers” to “see how it goes” – but then 4 weeks later they end up going back to the same Doctor again because the injury hasn’t got any better, only to be given MORE rest, and ANOTHER prescription of even stronger pills.
The problem is that when it comes to sports injuries – hamstrings, ankle sprains, runner’s knee etc., – complete rest is rarely the best advice.
So maybe you’re confused and frustrated because you been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have a back problem – but it’s actually the hip where the problem came from?
Sports injuries can be very confusing because more often than not, where the pain is coming from, isn’t actually the area that needs to be fixed and worked on and if you rest for too long – other parts of the body become just as, if not more problematic!
This confusion over “resting” often leads people to continue to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their injury and return back to exercise. Worse, many people just end up accepting ‘their days of being active are over’ – as if it’s normal, as if it ‘has’ to be that way.
Is This How You Feel Too?
If You’re Currently Living With A Sports Injury Or Sciatica, Here Are A Few Reasons It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- You thought it would go away on it’s own…but it didn’t.
- The Doctor told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help the cause, and as soon as they wore off, your back pain came back.
- A family member, or friend, told you that everyone is more prone to Sports Injuries as they get older, so you just accepted it.
- You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or even Physical Therapy in the past, but it didn’t seem to help, so you think it won’t work now.
- Relying on “Dr. Google” or YouTube for exercises that didn’t make any difference (or maybe even made your knee pain worse!)
- You’ve tried using things like heat pads, ice, and sport supports but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain better or return to exercise with ease.
- You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Sports Injury was so bad, but the rest only made it feel worse!
- You got a few “sports” massages, hoping it would fix the pain, but the pain came back a few days later.
If any of these have happened to you – our Essex County physical therapists we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physios at Myokinetix to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physios at Myokinetix to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
How Can Choosing Physical Therapy At MYOKINETIX Get Rid Of Your Sports Injury For Good?
Here Are Just A Few Things Our Essex County Sports Injury Doctors Can Do For You:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness – often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your injury once and for all – often inside 20 minutes
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and put you out of playing your favorite sport and doing your favorite activity – we can help you to enjoy living with more energy each day, and return to doing what you love safely
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your long-term health
- We can help you avoid dangerous surgery – and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room where you’ll be told to “rest” again…
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that your injury has taken from you…
- We can help you to finally be able to walk, and move freely, without worrying if the pain is going to get worse and stop you in your tracks
- Basically… the Physical Therapy Team at Myokinetix in Essex County can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and frustrating Sports Injuries, and return to the exercise you love
Click below to learn these 5 ways to ease neck & shoulder pain without the use of medications, MRI, or surgery and regain the life you desire!
To request a FREE Discovery visit and take immediate action to a pain free life, click below to learn more!