myokinetix IS HERE TO HELP YOU WITH YOU MANAGE A MENISCUS TEAR IN YOUR KNEE
The meniscus is one of two pieces of cartilage that provides a necessary cushion between your thighbone and shinbone.
Because the menisci are constantly cushioning the inside of your knee, that makes them vulnerable to injury.
The meniscus can be torn or damaged during activities that put significant pressure on or cause your knee joint to rotate. A sudden pivot or taking a hard tackle during athletics can result in a meniscus tear.
However, meniscus tears don’t just happen during sports. Simply getting up too quickly from a squatting position, or taking a bad step can also cause a meniscal tear.
The fact that this type of injury can happen, really highlights the importance of having a physical therapist that specializes in meniscus tears in the knee. That’s why Myokinetix strives to provide the HIGHEST level of meniscus tear rehabilitation in the Essex and Morris County Areas.
Common Causes of Meniscus Tears:
The meniscus is often injured during physical activities that cause direct contact or pressure to your knee from a forced twist or rotation. A sudden pivot or turn, deep squatting, or heavy lifting can often lead to a meniscus tear. The fact that injury is often a result of a sudden movement in the knee means that many athletes are at risk for a meniscus tear.
Sports that require sudden turns and stops may put you at higher risk for meniscus tears. Some of these sports include:
It’s also important to point out that the meniscus weakens with age. If someone is over 30, it is more common for them to be a victim of an injury. Movements like squatting or stepping can lead to injury in someone with weak menisci.
WHAT myokinetix CAN OFFER YOU
- PT Specializes in Meniscus Tears and Sports Rehab
- Facility Designed Specifically for Athletes
- Confidently Return to Sports 100%
- Every Session is 60 minutes Directly With Your PT
- Always 1-on-1 patient care
- All treatment done by Doctor of PT
- Better outcomes. Faster results
Providing the Highest Level of Meniscus Tear Rehabilitation
- We have extensive experience treating meniscus tear patients in its entirety.
- We have a comprehensive understanding of the rehabilitation process. Our specialists have read significant research on meniscus tear rehabilitation which greatly improves rehab outcomes.
- Our facility is designed specifically for athletes, offering the proper equipment and turf space athletes need in their recovery. Find out more information below.
- Hour-long one-on-one appointments working directly with one of our specialists for the entire session.
- Our priority is to get every patient suffering from a meniscus tear back in the game at 100%.
Well-Equipped Rehab Facility in Essex County for Lower Back Pain Rehabilitation
Most physical therapy clinics provide post-operative care that is limited due to small treatment space and inadequate equipment. Our rehabilitation facility has the open space and proper equipment for recovering athletes. This allows us to challenge our athletes, appropriately strengthen them, and gradually reintroduce sport-specific task such as, cutting, jumping and landing. Regaining confidence is a huge component of recovery and having the proper space to safely perform sport specific movements is pivotal.
Our facility includes:
- 25 yards of open turf field
- Extensive weight equipment
- Plyometric Boxes
- Rowers & Assault Bikes
- Medicine Balls
- Slide Boards
Click below to learn these 5 ways to ease knee pain without the use of medications, MRI, or surgery and regain the life you desire!
To request a FREE Discovery visit and take immediate action to a pain free life, click below to learn more!